The HELLFIRE 400 switch heater is recommended for clearing ice and snow from switches with no longer than 40 ft of moving rail from heel to point of switch. It is rated with an output of 200,000 to 400,000 BTU/HR, on propane or natural gas.
Three standard duct system configurations are available, 131", 140" and 155" clearance.
The fan is direct driven at 3450 rpm and delivers 1500 scfm.
|Fuel ||PROPANE GAS ||NATURAL GAS|
|Input rating, BTU/hr ||200,000 - 400,000 ||200,000 - 400,000|
|Manifold pressure, Inches of water ||1.3 - 5.0 ||2.3 - 11.0|
|Inlet pressure, Inches of water ||7 - 14 ||12 - 14|
|Voltage Volts ||Phase ||Running current amps ||Frequency Hz|
|240 ||1 ||7.5 ||60|
|208 ||3 ||7.3 ||60|
|460 ||3 ||3.6 ||60|
|575 ||3 ||3.0 ||60|
- 14 ga galvanized steel blower, intake, and duct work
- Stainless steel combustion chamber / transition duct
- Direct drive centrifugal fan
- Match balanced motor and impeller sets to less than 0.2 ips pk-pk
- Direct Spark Ignition System
- Thermostatically limited trackduct nozzle outlet temperature, 340 - 380°F.
- Remote operation, requires a set of contacts rated for a minimum 120Vac, 0.5 amp.
- Remote run indication, provided by a set of normally open contacts rated at 8 amps resistive or 2 amps inductive, 240/120Vac or 24Vdc.
- Force off provided by a normally closed contact rated for a minimum of 120Vac, 0.5 amp.
- Programmable delay ON timer, 0 - 99 seconds, allows staggered start up of a series of heaters.
- Magnetic motor contactor
- Motor equipped with thermal overload protection
- Fused tank valve terminals on 240 single phase and 208 three phase only
- Heaters are factory set for use with propane gas.
- To convert to natural gas adjust within specifications detailed above. Affix separate gas type plate supplied.
- Reverse procedure to change back to original gas.
- Recommended supply gas pressure, 12 - 14 in. H20, with all connected loads operating.
- Inlet gas fitting, 3/4" NPT female.
TERMINAL BLOCK WIRE SIZES
- Power, #14 to #2 AWG Copper
- Control, 1/4" AAR terminal posts
- Air pressure (flow) switch: Ignition is disabled until adequate air pressure is developed.
- High temperature limited: In event of thermostat failure and nozzle temperatures exceeding 420°F, the heater is shut off to avoid tie damage. Heater operation is restored by manual reset.
- Loss of flame: The Ignition Module closes the gas valve, if after the trial for ignition period of 6 seconds no flame is sensed, or if flame detection is lost for more than 1 second during normal operation.
See Ordering Guides